What data do we collect?
WhelpStar collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, photos, etc.)
- Your location information.
- Your device and connection information (Your browser, IP address, device information etc.)
- Information on your pets (name, date of birth, registration information, dna information, photos etc.)
You can see the data that we collect within the application itself.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide WhelpStar with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Submit a support request through any support channels.
WhelpStar may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Connected social media accounts, including Facebook and Twitter.
How will we use your data?
WhelpStar collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Assist you with support.
If you agree, WhelpStar may share your data with any partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
When WhelpStar processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases. This includes payment gateways such as PayPal
How do we store your data?
WhelpStar securely stores your data on our secure server located in Fremont, CA.
As WhelpStar is an ongoing online service, WhelpStar will keep your account data and related information indefinitely until otherwise deemed unnecessary. Once this condition has been met, we will delete your data by securely removing all traces of it from our server and any backup servers.
WhelpStar would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop WhelpStar from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other affiliated companies.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you will be able to unsubscribe from any correspondence sent to you.
What are your data protection rights?
WhelpStar would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request WhelpStar for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that WhelpStar correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request WhelpStar to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that WhelpStar erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that WhelpStar restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to WhelpStar’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that WhelpStar transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Keeping you signed in.
Storing certain types of data locally on your device that allow you easier use of our application/s.
Understanding how you use our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – WhelpStar uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – WhelpStar uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. WhelpStar sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising and analysis purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Our website uses Google Analytics. This requires that your behaviour, connection, location and device information is recorded by Google for analysing visitor information. We use this data to improve our services and for marketing purposes. We are not responsible for the data that Google collects.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us